Fair Housing

Fair Housing Logo

Within available resources Limerick Township will assist all persons who feel they have been discriminated against because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, familial status, handicap (disability), age, ancestry, use of guide or support animals because of blindness, deafness, or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals, to seek equity under federal and state laws by filing a complaint with the local Fair Housing Officer, Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission and the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, whichever is chosen by the person filing the complaint. 

​On January 6, 2020, the Board of Supervisors of Limerick Township again re-appointed Ms. Beth F. DiPrete as the Discrimination Complaint Officer. Complaints for actions listed in the Fair Housing Notice below should be submitted to Ms. DiPrete at the Limerick Township Municipal Building, Administration Offices.

If you are a person with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to be able to access any notification or if you are Limited English Proficient and require a document translation of any notification, please contact:​​The Administration Offices of Limerick Township ​646 West Ridge Pike ​Limerick, Pennsylvania 19468  ​(610) 495-6432 ​
​Daniel K. Kerr, Township Manager at dkerr@limerickpa.org

Fair Housing Flyers from HUD - Know Your Rights

Fair Housing

Limerick Township Staff receives regular reminders on the following in order to ensure that access to civic life, programs, and services are accessible by people with disabilities and how we can assist to affirmatively further fair housing to all persons and all the protected classes of the Civil Rights Act and the PA Human Relations Act.

* Be aware of Telecommunications Relay Service calls


Telecommunications Relay Service is a telephone service that allows persons with hearing or speech disabilities to place and receive telephone calls.  Don't hang up!Some people hang up on TRS calls because they think the Communications Assistant (CA) is a telemarketer. If you hear, "Hello. This is the relay service…" when you pick up the phone, please don't hang up! You are about to talk, through a TRS provider, to a person who is deaf, hard-of-hearing, or has a speech disability.

* For Limited English Proficient Persons (those who do not speak English as their primary language and who have a limited ability to read, speak, write, or understand English)

The I Speak Cards from HUD have been provided to Staff and are to be kept handy to give to a person you are having difficulty communicating.  Once you have identified what language they speak – you should be able to use Google and find a phrase or two that could help “Sorry, I Don’t Speak ____” that you could print on a piece of paper or show them on your monitor.  Ask if it is an emergency.  (Again, use Google)  Perhaps offer a pen and paper.  Again use Google to translate what they wrote (if possible).  Get a phone number if possible so that we can follow up to make sure their issue has been addressed.

I Speak Cards_Page_1